ClearSky Accountancy and Payroll: Supporting sole traders and micro businesses across the UK, with expert and affordable accounting, payroll, tax and HR services.
This is a temporary position that is expected to last for 12 months, at which point the Apprentice’s employment with ClearSky will be reviewed.
The Accounts Assistant Apprentice will provide valuable support to the Poole Accounts team, including:
- Reviewing accounting information and preparing working papers and journals
- Preparing VAT returns and management accounts
- Liaising with clients to obtain further information and dealing with queries
- Speaking with HMRC and resolving issues
This role is ideal for someone who is interested in gaining hands on experience to support them in an Accounting career, whilst studying towards a professional qualification.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following skills and experience:
- GCSE Grade A*-C in Maths and English
- Strong IT skills, including experience using Microsoft Office
- Extremely thorough and conscientious with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working to deadlines and targets
- Hardworking and open to taking direction
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Well organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to articulate yourself clearly
The Apprentice will study towards an AAT qualification with Bournemouth College. It is expected that the Apprentice will complete AAT level 2 during their apprenticeship.
Perks of the job
At ClearSky we believe wholeheartedly in teamwork, employee development and rewarding the hard work of colleagues by offering a range of benefits including:
- Up to 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Lunch on us, once a month
- Fresh fruit every day
- Free independent financial advice
If this sounds like your thing and you tick all of the boxes in the person specification then we’d love to hear from you, please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org start the application process. If your application is what we’re looking for we’ll get in touch to invite you along to an interview.